Friday 22 February 2013

Foxes and Cakes

If you follow me on Pinterest, you'll have seen I've been on a bit of a fox kick recently.

I've experimenting with what I can only call magazine art, and it all started with a fox. That's the secret thing I was talking about here... and I'm still not ready to share it yet. Instead, in order to satisfy a foxy need, I picked up some thick felt in the craft shop and got to work with my needle to make a fantastic fox cushion:


Thanks is due to the article in my mum's Mollie Makes magazine - featured here online. I couldn't bring the mag home with me, and I didn't have time to photocopy the pages, so I snapped one pic of the finished cushion and worked the rest out for myself. Cute, isn't he? He makes me almost nostalgic for autumn. I also am aware that foxes are not the most popular animals at the moment... but for me, they will always be.

OK, moving on. Lots happening here. You may notice I have another new tab on my blog... MMM! HandmadeToo! has launched, due to such high local demand, and I am now pleased to be supplying sweet and sometimes healthy treats!

So, wish me luck. I'll be back soon, with some scrapbooking, some more foxiness, and maybe some cakes. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Cheryl I am seriously impressed! You have done a fantastic job there just from a picture, it is amazing, you should make other animals and sell them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT ONE TOOOOOOOOO!!!! so so cute! I agree with your mum, you should do other animals. So i'd like: a penguin, a whale, a foxy too... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh a racoon too! i love racoons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Glad to hear you are cooking as well as stitching! That fox cushion is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute cushion with weight init it would make a fab door stop too.

    ReplyDelete