Monday 31 May 2010

When I Was Just A Litte Girl

I don't usually enjoy entertaining thoughts of 'the good old days'. Sure, when you're a kid everything is so much easier, so much simpler, so much more in black and white. But there is a lot to be said for growing up and striking out on your own, too. Life isn't life if there are no challenges, right?


Today, my thoughts returned to a project I started at the beginning of the year, but never figured out how to finish. At the same time, on the other side of the world, a stamping challenge ended. And suddenly - too late to enter, but not to be inspired - I had the answers I'd been searching for. The challenge, at Inkurable Stampers, was to make 'mail art' using as many (or as few) of your stamps as you like. Stampers were encouraged to send their mail art, or exchange with fellow stampers. I've chosen to send my mail art to myself... from me, aged 4.


I'd already decorated the box, and cut the envelope pockets for the photos, but these little filing cards lacked a finishing touch.

So I stamped and stamped and stamped, and then I wrote a little bit too, and came up with 'postcards' like this:

I sent myself a few wishes, and a few pieces of advice - all things I've learned from being an adult, but I liked the twist of the innocent child with foresight. I'd even like to think I knew all this stuff when I was a kid, but I just didn't know I knew it. Anyway, thank you to Inkurable Stampers for a nice fat slice of inspiration to help me complete a project. I'll be watching out for their next challenges!

4 comments:

  1. This looks very interesting! Not easy to see exactly what you have done, look forward to seeing it in the flesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is amazing and also original! I don't think I saw something like this before! You did a great job! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. What a way of preserving memories! The card tab/envelopes are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you everyone! very sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete