Thursday 27 May 2010

Home is...

Home is a smiling dog. Home is sunshine on the pillow. Home is lots of things. But, home is not a solid place, not a geographical location. It is more a state of mind. From this point of view I decorated a picture frame to hang on the wall near the front door of our apartment:


I Decopatched the frame, using paper from Toga's Ziboux range, and added simple embellishments such as ric-rac, some silky twine, a Cosmo Cricket sticker and a Toga stamp cut-out. The letters spelling 'HOME' are wooden and painted in a shade to match the paper.

I also decorated the backing paper behind the photo, in colours to match the paper:

I actually had to do this because when I took the picture I was convinced the frame was portrait... but no, it is landscape, and the picture was so perfect that I couldn't face waiting and trying to recreate it. Especially the getting-the-dog-to-'smile' part. So, it had to be resized and cropped and it just wouldn't stretch to full landscape. Anyway. Home, sweet home, is where the heart is.

4 comments:

  1. Cheryl, this is really good. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Cheryl, I love the patterns and colours, it looks like so much work has gone into it, great photo as well, what a lovely piece of personal work to hang by the door, I look forward to seeing it in the flesh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your definition of home; state of mind, that’s how I feel it too! I like it a lot, would like to see that one too in real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome. Literally. A lovely bright touch to any home.

    ReplyDelete