Saturday 19 May 2012

The Swing of Things

I might be getting back into the swing of things. Going out into the blog world and reading that many, many other people struggle with time is reassuring. Especially when I take into account the fact that the time is being used to house-hunt. I’m not going to go on about it much more – I promise!

My super-special team-mates at Gauche Alchemy are always sharing stuff they find online. Last week, Michelle found this, and we all had a discussion about how expensive the pens are, and whether there wasn’t another way.

Confession time: my watercolour pencils have sat long and neglected on the shelf for one most shameful reason: I couldn’t find the pencil sharpener. Anywhere. I’m talking like two years. The odd drawing pencil is fine to sharpen with my Leatherman, but not 40 watercolour pencils. In the end, spurred on by this beautiful, colourful idea, I consented to using my make-up pencil sharpener for the watercolours. And I got to work on my version of the project. Ah, the joy of objects fulfilling their purpose after a period of neglect!



I forgot how lovely watercolours are. I'm so happy too that the project works with watercolours as well as the pens. Go us and our money-saving ways!



7 comments:

  1. Hi cheryl, that video was lovely, I hadn't heard about those products, like the black enamel stuff, must look out for it. I think your card is so colourful, great idea to use the pencils, I have some, and oil crayons, think I will have to get them out and have a go. I love it when I feel inspired to try something I haven't done before. What did you use as a background stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some neglected water colour pencils too, but I'm feeling inspired to hunt them out after seeing these. Just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job! And, yvette, all I could think of when they were showing the tubes of black enamel were the similar size tubes of black puffy paint--I'm willing to bet it'd work the same and probably save money, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness these turned out beautiful - like stained glass! Also have been a very bad blog reader/commenter for some time now but sometimes life is just more important. Hope you are well and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely! I would love to see these as a large painting. Would be perfect above my sofa! xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Those colors just make me happy! Hope house hunting is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I'm reading this now! These are gorgeous! I love those Distress Markers but I like the distress ink stains even more. I never bought the markers- I have water color pencils and water paint brush pens I've been meaning to use for over a year now. I'm currently cleaning my scrap space and getting rid of stuff I haven't used but I'm keeping the mixed media stuff- I've been wanting expand out of pre-printed materials for a while now and I promised myself I would start this year.

    ReplyDelete