Tuesday 1 June 2010

Card Season

It seems that everybody's celebrating their birthday at the moment (or are making some other kind of celebration if it's not their birthday). I just keep finding I have more cards to make. Here is the latest batch.


I used Webster's Pages ''Postcards from Paris" paper for this one, and the edge of a Sassafrass Lass paper for the scalloped bottom (Life is Beautiful Woodland Whimsy). For the flower, I used up a lot of scraps and cut and embossed the shapes. (For more on this, look out for my next post.) Then I layered lots of different sized flowers to make one big flower, fastening them together with a brad.


The paper featured on this simple Father's Day card is Scenic Route "Argyle", and the stamps are from Inkadinkadoo:


And this card, for my partner's 7-year-old niece, uses paper from a stack of Smirk papers called "Love and Friendship".


I added some ribbon, flowers and sparkly letters, and then double-scalloped the bottom of the card for a pretty, colourful effect:


All in under two hours. It's nice when it works because you've planned ahead :-)

1 comments: