Tuesday 22 June 2010

Pretty in Pink

Today was a close friend's daughter's christening in London. I wanted to make something special for baby Rosetta, or Rosie, something that she wouldn't get from anyone else. So I purchased a box frame, a few embellishments, and prepared to go pink.



First of all, I painted the outer frame in a dark pink and the inner frame in a lighter pink. Then I cut a square of patterned paper (I can't remember what it is or where it's from, I've had it so long) to fit in the recess. I cut a big letter 'R' for Rosetta from pink cardstock, and a slightly smaller one from a sheet of paper from the Basic Grey 'Bittersweet' collection.


After sticking down some flowers and buttons I adhered the letter to the background with foam pads so that it stands out.


Two of the embellishments I bought were a tiny basket and a bunch of tiny pink roses. I arranged these in the bottom corner of the frame, keeping one aside for decorating the letter. I tied the rose to the letter with some pink ricrac.


And added some buttons to finish of the decoration of the letter. To decorate the frame, I simply stamped a line of flowers along one side.



I finished off the frame with a tiny wooden pram, stained white. That's it. I hope mummy likes it. And I hope it'll stick around long enough for Rosetta to know it!

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty, looks like it was fun to make! hope she liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty :) I love all the closeup shots so we can see the detail. And I'm sure it will be treasured

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mummy didn't like it, mummy loved it! Its really lovely and I loved the little touches like the little roses for Rosetta. It will certainly remain treasured x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings!!! Hello... wow wow... this is very sweet... I like the embellishments you added into this... they go pretty well together... I cant wait to work with u, and learn from you too...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, I like the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that little basket of tulips. So sweet!! Hi new DT buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative.(MBA member)When I saw this I totally loved it. Since my name starts with an R I was sold on.

    ReplyDelete