Wednesday 12 January 2011

Project Restyle

The other week I came across a great little venture started up by Elsie at A Beautiful Mess called Project Restyle. Since it just happens that I have oh, about a million restyle ideas, it kind of made sense that I would join in. If only to make me actually get onto them and get them done.

My first one comes in the form of a picture frame. Not too adventurous. Just dipping my toes in the water. This is what it looked like before I got started:


It wasn't even wooden. It was coated with some weird vinyl paper with a grain design on. I didn't discover this until I came to stamping on it - my hand and the stamp almost skidded off the edge and ruined the whole thing. Actually you can't even really see the smudge:


That was the Stazon phase. I'm loving the Stazon at the moment - it's going on everything I can find. Then came the Distress Ink and Cosmic Shimmer Mist phase, a short heat embossing phase, and  finally the dressing up the image phase (sadly I can't take credit for the artwork itself- that's thanks to these guys):
 

And a couple of close-ups:

 

And that's my first Project Restyle task. I'll aim for something a little bigger next time.

Oh, before I go, let me remind you that the True XOXO Girls blog's January Lift Challenge is underway - my page here is up for lifting among many others. The sweet and juicy prize is donated by the Sweet Peach Crop Shop and it looks like this:

9 comments:

  1. totally fabulous ... project restyle was just made for you, wasn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this turned out awesome! where did you ever find ska stamps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project! you are so busy! yet things never look like you have rushed them, this looks fantastic, and those fabulous stamps are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your project turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love the stamping on the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! I love Elsies website too, I must get round to altering something soon. It's on the to-do list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. Love the image you've framed too1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great frame restyle. That's a fabulous swing poster. I keep forgetting to promote the XOXO challenges- great job!

    ReplyDelete