Sunday 24 April 2011

Chicks and Chocolate

For Earth Day on Friday I made some Easter baskets out of old coffee tins, to do my little bit of re-using for the planet, but also for the sheer joy of filling them with chocolate.

This....


Became these:





My cousin also had an Easter-themed making session with my mum and produced the most fantastic piece of couture millinery I have ever seen:



She has such a talent for making things and a great eye for fashion - even at her tender age.

Well, Happy Easter everyone! I'm off to go egg-hunting.

5 comments:

  1. These are just lovely,Cheryl...what a great idea.
    Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tins, and Hannah won 1st prize with her hat! Happy Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fab hat, no wonder it won first prize. Congrats!

    ...and loving those cute easter baskets :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Easter bonnet! I have a great stack of coffee tins here because I can't bear to throw them out and I can't think what to use them for. maybe I'll keep them til next year now :) Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I love the fact you've shown something your very very talented mum has made :) .. and oohhh what a great use of the tins, and they're fabulous.

    ReplyDelete