Tuesday 14 December 2010

Tree Inspiration

Today I have a little tutorial to share with you, but it's not my own - it's my mum's.

Last year she made me a tree decoration - a wooden cutout tree, painted or sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer Mist, and then stamped and heat embossed.

This year I gave it a go myself.

After spraying with my Cosmic Shimmer Mist (Peacock Green, which is actually quite tree-y), I stamped some swirls in a copper colour.






I sprinkled holographic white embossing powder over the copper ink and heat treated the trees. Next I stamped some snowflakes on in white, but just left the ink to dry - I didn't heat emboss with powder.

I then stamped on some different snowflakes, but this time I did sprinkle white embossing powder and heat embossed it.


I finished off by tying some twine through the whole in the top of the tree so that it could be hung on our Christmas tree, which is in fact a Christmas branch:


Thanks Mum for leading the way here!

4 comments:

  1. wow... this looks so much fun...and such a great way to start the holidays... totally cool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks fabulous, fun to do aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really cool, I have some wooden words that need altering and you have inspired me to have a go! :)

    ReplyDelete