Sunday 3 October 2010

Life Won't Wait

Life won’t wait. It’s a matter of taking hold with hands and heart. It’s a personal challenge. It’s a task to be done every day.
I’ve been trying to take hold, lately, and stop being the wallflower, the shrinking violet. We’re having dance lessons, for one thing. Every week, it’s a challenge for me, not necessarily to learn the steps, but to shake off the shy and be the performer. I’m getting better at singing in front of people, too. I’ve yet to let them hear my full vocal ability, but I’m getting there. Every time, I shake so much that I can’t hold still, but I carry on. I’m less frightened of talking to people in French – that’s another thing. Wanting to get it right first time does not make for an easy conversation. And I think I’m finally softening towards humankind – instead of feeling my blood boiling at certain things, I’m skimming over them and marvelling at the differences between us all.
In this spirit I created a page full of colour, and full of song lyrics.


I’ve used a lot of different brands on this page – Cosmo Cricket, Jenni Bowlin, Heidi Swapp, American Craft and Echo Park, to name just some. But the mix, I feel, is intended to reflect the notion that we are all composed of so many diverse influences that we should stop worrying about societal compatibility or what other people think of us, and get on with being - and embracing - who we are.



I hope I can live up to this. I'm trying every day. After all, life won't wait.

7 comments:

  1. You've got the right spirit ... good for you! With your talent, you'll be able to do anything you set your mind too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl and thank you for inspiring me to take life by the horns and to stop being so shy and self conscious!!! :)

    Amazing layout - love all the bright colours :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best dear... Everything will be alright... slowly but surely. Reading your entry cheered me up...cos for one thing...i am fighting my own demons too... Encouraging words *here*...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy! I can so identify with this post. It's crippling sometimes - shyness. Hate it.

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog the other day. I hadn't even realised I'd been spotlighted! That made my day as did your comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post - honesty, hope, and a great page to look at. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! you have everything on your side, beauty, brains, talent, you have nothing to worry about, I have always told you so! Stop worrying about others and don't worry about what anyone else thinks, just live your life your way!!!! love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hear hear! Where are you doing dance lessons?!

    ReplyDelete