Sunday 17 October 2010

As a kid, my mum would always tell me when I was bored that the only way to solve the boredom was to make yourself do something, even though getting yourself up and at 'em was the last thing you wanted to do.

This past week has been such a frustrating one - not caused by boredom, but by lack of inspiration. There is such a strong will in me to create, but sometimes there's a block... and nothing happens, except that I get increasingly frustrated.

Fortunately for me, I was sought out by one of my mother-in-law's friends to make a special 85th birthday card for her mother. I jumped at the chance. I figured that, with provided parameters, I could create something. Because it was for someone else, I could get on with the task without agonising over the whys and wherefores. So I got to work.




It's an easel card, in some nice winey colours, and with a little bit of a vintage/travel theme going on, some hand-stitching, a butterfly cut using the Cricut, and some Cuttlebug-embossed card. It's the first time I've made an easel card, but it was very easy. What I love about it is that it's still fairly unusual in appearance, compared to regular cards, and the way it stands up really says 'hey, look at me!'

5 comments:

  1. very pretty card!Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, let us know what the lady thought of it. Oh, and glad you listened to me sometimes!!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card with Great stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative card. I just love your talent

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful .. wow, when you get creative, you sure do get creative :)

    ReplyDelete