Tuesday 21 September 2010

Am I a Bag Lady?

So many of you commented on the packaging featured in my last post, I thought I'd share a little secret... I made the paper bag, replete with windows, all by myself. Woo hoo - reuse and recycle, baby! (That's me being pleased with myself, in case you couldn't tell.)

So, first up, I measured the width, length and height of the cards (the height was that of 8 cards laying flat, which turned out to be 3cm). I measured out on parcel paper a rectangle large enough to fit two flat sides of the cards and the height, and included flaps at each end and top and bottom.

Then I cut windows out of the two large sides, and stuck over them on the inside two rectangles of polythene pulled tight. I reclaimed the polythene from a bag I had left over from purchasing fabric at Ikea (when you buy the self-service fabric, you have to pack it in these huge clear bags - it's so unnecessary).

I stuck all the flaps down with double-sided tape, and double folded and stuck down the top to give a clean 'seam'.

Inside I placed the cards sets back to back so they both faced outwards, through the windows.

To finish off, I decorated it with some string, a tag, and a little altered wooden peg.


...And I'm still quite pleased with myself. I'm going to toddle off to work now dreaming of packaging.

4 comments:

  1. It is a great idea, and looks so good. Thank you for showing us how to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant. I have a stack of paper lunch sacks and you've made me look at them in a whole new light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning....thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that, love it, I´ll have to try doing that!!

    ReplyDelete