Sunday 5 September 2010

Coming Round the Mountain

Even though I made a mini book about our Easter trip to Innsbruck, I still had some large layouts in my head that I wanted to do to show off the incredible photography skills of that fiance of mine. I finally got round to doing two, and there are two more that are nearly finished, which I'll show you next week.

Years ago I salvaged this big blue mountain from a chocolate box... I was just waiting to go to the mountains and take some pictures so I could use it!

I kept all the colours very icy and muted. I used 3 Bugs in a Rug and Echo Park papers on brown cardstock, and used only a few embellishments. I just love these little footprint embies - I can't remember where I got them from though! The alphas are from Toga.

The second page was made with the same colours but some different shades.

I was really pleased with the paint job in the end - I used leftover chipboard letter outlines as stencils and didn't mind if I went over the edges.

I also drew some tiny circles with a white gel pen and dotted some paint in the middles for a little accent.

I'll have the other two pages finished soon. I'm going to experiment a little with the clean & simple style... watch this space...







2 comments:

  1. Awesome LO's!! Love'n all the little details!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool looking, love the mountain, great photos and the colour combo gives it a real icy feel!

    ReplyDelete