Sunday 5 June 2011

Rebelationary



Well, welcome to the Punky Scraps blog hop! If you're just popping in, the Punky Scraps challenge site is having a blog hop to welcome in the new DT... of which I am now a part :-). If you're on the hop, you should've arrived here from the blog of Sarah Hurley. And if you want to join the hop, start here.

For the next year I'll be a Punky Rebel, putting out layouts, techniques, challenges and inspiration on the Punky Scraps blog along with my Punky DT mates. I'm totally rockin' out now I'm officially a Punky Rebel - there's maybe a bit of a swagger to my crafting, a bit more bristle to my brush. Being a Punky Rebel helps me feel like I fit in somewhere - and since fitting in is something that's always been an issue for me, I'm super happy right now!

Confession time. In the scrapbooking world, I've often struggled with the pink, sparkly side of things: too many flowers, too much glitter for me. It's taken me a while to find my scrapbooking identity, and I know each day will add a little more to it, but even so, I know what is not me. So, to me, the Punky style means being brave enough to go against the grain - and no one should take offence or exception to that. Whether it's the techniques on the page, or the subject, it's about not being afraid to scrap how, and what, you feel. Being a Punky Rebel will help me shake off the last rags of fear I might have about going against the grain, having as I will a support network of like-minded Rebels happy to challenge the norm.


With this in mind, let me show you the blog hop sketch we've layed out to:


What I layed out looks like this:


Punky Nat, the brains behind this whole operation, has a tasty RAK to give away to someone who comments on all the blogs in the hop.

A few close ups of my page:






Now, to continue hopping, head on over to the talented Elin's blog. Thanks for stopping by!

25 comments:

  1. I like this sketch.... I also love your rebel layouts - they are always fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah, sweet cheryl! i love your layouts - they always inspire me :) :)
    So glad you are part of the team and so glad you feel that way about the blog! :):):)
    Great layout and i love that stamp!!!!
    n xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on making the DT. looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work sweet Cheryl!!!
    Have a happy blog hop!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch!! And thanks for the sweet word about me;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like your layout and your willingness to share tough subjects is inspiring. so excited to be on this team with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on the DT. Very interesting to read about how you feel. Glad you feel you have found your spot!. Love the layout, really wish I could create something like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take! Looking forward to work with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great page! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay Cheryl that is great!! Glad you have found your spot in the scrapping world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fabulous take on the sketch Cheryl! Those bubble wrap stampings are great. I never would have guessed you struggled with fitting in- you stick out so singularly it's admirable- plus you're super friendly! Great write up- the photo you used on your page is fantastic!l

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me ha encantado los papeles que utilizaste en tu LO, se ven geniales.
    Abrazo con calor venezolano.
    manualidadespolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool LO! Love the papers and your style...i often think the same as you ...where do i fit in....going against the grain is not so accepted? ..i often see at other sites the same styles being picked over and over..i think we are all unique and different and are at all different levels of scrapping and should be more accepted..not for whats just popular at that moment..:) thanks for the inspiration...you have given me to confidence to let me be me..:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your punky style, you are definitely going to fit right in at Punky Scraps!! glad to be part of this blog hop with you!
    =)Tiffany
    Breakfast at Tiffany's

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really love your take on the sketch. Looking forward to share design team with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your take on the sketch! Xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats Cheyl - you will fit right in with this DT. It's made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome on board. I'm excited to be working with the new team.

    Your layout made me laugh. I have so many photographs where the wind has messed up my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is totally cool indeed!! Both the site and your LO :) Congratulations on your new DT spot, Cheryl!! Kind of miss you since I seldom have the time to go to SC now :( Hope to visit here more often. Take care!! Thanks for your recent visit. You made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats Cheryl! Your layout is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic!! Love your take on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks everyone for your lovely and encouraging comments x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great layout and nice to meet you through the blog hop! Congrats on your new position :o)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cheryl, I like your style, Girl! Great writing - fun to read your blog...terrific page and work with the sketch. See you in Rebelsville.

    ReplyDelete