Tuesday 21 June 2011

Happily Ever After: Wedding Card Special

While I was happy to have gone to my first wedding EVER as a guest a couple of weeks ago* some of my friends are boasting about having five, six, seven or even eight weddings to go to this year.

*It's true! Always the bridesmaid, never just a guest. What can I do about that? You might think it's handy to never have had to choose my own outfit, but I was itching to:


Anyway... one of my friends asked me to make her a batch of congratulations cards for all the lovers out there. I duly obliged, having weddings on the brain and all. She told me a little bit about each couple and I tried to interpret that and turn it into a card. I found this immensely fun. Some of my creations:






Mostly keeping it quite simple, aren't I? I can't let myself go with cards like I do these days with a scrapbook page. I'm itching to make another layout, but have to focus this week on making flowers. Sneak peek coming soon!

5 comments:

  1. Love your dress and what a nice touch with the cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are really sweet... Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that your outfit? It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic photo of you both. Send me a copy at once!!
    The cards are super too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so adorable! There is definitely nothing wrong with creating simple cards, a lot of times they actually look better. I am now a follower. :)

    Stop by my new craft blog, Made Especially For You. It's still in its early stages but I have many creative plans for it!

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete