Tuesday 7 June 2011

Moving up a Gear

With the exception of some DT posts that will appear from time to time, I’d like to officially declare June the Wedding Month here on my blog. Not because I’m jumping on the bandwagon: oh no. It’s because we’ve just returned from a long wedding weekend where we watched our friends get married, and as their wedding was one day shy of three months ahead of ours, we always felt invincible when it came to the organisational side of things.

Until now.

That date has passed, and we are now sharing a house with a pesky but necessary countdown timer. Every now and then this little fella jumps out at you from behind doors and makes you jump out of your skin. But we’re stuck with him for a while, a while that will speed by I’m sure (even if we suddenly need it not to).
So I’m taking a deep breath, and diving into Wedding Month with the card I made for our friends. It’s a box card of sorts, in that it is box shaped and it comes in a box. I wanted to make a summery, not-too-feminine (there are, after all, both a bride and a groom involved), cute-but-not-sickly kind of card.

I repurposed the box from some old packaging I kept...


 ...I covered it with some paper from a leaflet picked up a couple of weeks ago that I matched to some MME and Echo Park papers...
 

...added some American Crafts ribbon for the pullout...


...and, ooh, stamped on a chipboard frame and then chalked over it.


The card can stand up on its own (kinda useful) and is lined on the inside so whichever angle you look at it from, it's pretty.




That's about the extent of my sharing my Wedding Month time with others. From here on in, it's almost exclusively going to be about our wedding. Self-indulgent? Perhaps. A chronicle of creations? Certainly. Interesting? I hope so.


6 comments:

  1. It certainly sounds like it will be interesting.....and love what you've done with the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The box is lovely, I'm sure they will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your box, lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so original, and beautiful, I am sure they loved it. Looking forward to seeing what you create for your wedding.

    ReplyDelete