Tuesday 14 June 2011

At Last

As you may remember, I had (like most other people out there) some computer issues a couple of months ago. Namely, my computer showed a dislike of wine and shut down with a flicker and a huff, and wouldn't wake up again.

Apparently, though, it is possible to dry them out. After purchasing a shiny new laptop, I eventually braved the on button of the old one... and whaddaya know? It works. Just like it did before.

So, at last, I can share the original photos of our wedding invitations.

cute, no?

This is but one of the piles of them:


And here is what they look like on the inside:


You simply slide off the outer band, and you have three cards - the invitation proper, some info and an RSVP:


We used Bazzill swiss dotted white cardstock for the sleeve and some paper from MME for the cards (Lost & Found Union Square "Happy" paper). I did a little bit of letterpressing for the "&" circle, some fussy cutting to get the printed swallows, and employed some good old Cricut action for the hearts and stars. Oh, and a circle punch for the sleeve.


Now, although I didn't think I was doing any jumping, there really is a bandwagon. And not in a bad way. Over at Paper Issues there is a linkup opportunity for wedding projects. Yes, I've already played linky a few times this month, and there will be more linkups before the month is over!

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic. I'm sure you kept one for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait- How did I miss this post?? I've been dying to see your invites! Thank you for linking them up to PI! I LOVE these! They are so wonderfully modern and original! The little bird and heart are great pops of detail against the gorgeous MME paper! Also LOVE the ampersand circle window. I think I'm gonna have to get some of that stripe paper- it's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- I forgot to link this page up to your name on my blog- will do so now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are amazing, they really are. So modern, and totally you. I think you both did a fantastic job of making them and coming up with the design. I shall keep mine forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Cheryl, these are amazing! love the colors, details, and design - picked them right out of the PI linky as your style! def gonna make your wedding day extra special. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're stunning!What an original design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh I love these! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is gorgeous....
    Don't forget to add it to our linking party here
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/beautiful-furniture-redo-pop-up-cards.html
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete