Sunday 17 July 2011

Don't Miss the Punky Scraps Challenge!

Lately I've been gorging myself on sketches, and can't immediately recall the last time I made a layout without some sketch or other I found online.

That's not to say, though, that all design problems are solved and quite often a layout seems to run away with itself and go further beyond the sketch than I'd originally intended. Sometimes this works out, but sometimes it doesn't and I find myself unconvinced of the result.

This is kind of what happened with this layout:

At the end of the parents' visit, I shoved the camera into my fiance's hands, so that we didn't suffer yet another missed photo opportunity.


I wanted more space on the page, and somehow ended up with less. It came from this sketch:



Anyway, that is what this week's Punky Scraps challenge is - to respond to this sketch. Go check out the inspiration, and why not join in? You could win this lovely kit:

2 comments:

  1. I really like the soft colours with just a touch of black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one of my favs. ... And I so like the reason behind the photos. Thank you to, fr the very kind words, I'm still in shock about it, but it is helping getting back into normal life again xx

    ReplyDelete