Thursday 21 July 2011

Stars in Their Eyes

I can't resist quickly celebrating the fact that I've been selected again for publication in the Scrapbook News and Review magazine - out now - with the page I made about my brother a while ago.

Things are moving very quickly for me at the moment and it's hard not to get dizzy with it all. It's an exciting time!

Some celebratory stars:


I made these by printing a template directly onto the card, cutting them out and ensuring there were flaps on the outside edges, and scoring them so they bend outwards. I cut out the accent parts and stuck them on. Then I proceeded to remove my fingerprints by gluegun, sticking two 'halves' of a star together back-to-back, and pressing down on the points so they bent at the scored  lines and the stars became 3D. They'll hang by fishing wire, from the ceiling of the dance hall at our wedding venue.

3 comments:

  1. It's all well deserved, you've worked hard so it's good to see you getting recognition :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done again, you must be famous by now!!! Lovely stars, the venue is going to look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stars...well done!!
    (you're so good,don't ever forget that!)
    xx

    ReplyDelete