Friday 1 July 2011

Oh My Stars! It's Another Scrapbook Challenges Blog Hop!


It's Scrapbook Challenges blog hop time again. If you've just stopped by and want to join in, start at Brynn's blog. If you don't want to join in, that's OK - but have a look at my red, white and blue page below before you go! Finally, if you're on the hop, you should have arrived here from talented new DT member Anna's blog.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Cheryl, a returning DT member. I'm a lindy-hopping, rockabilly-loving, soon-to-be-married twenty-something living in Brussels, Belgium. I share my time between walking our dog, scrapping, and freelance editing. I'm an increasingly punky scrapper with a penchant for clouds and hot air balloons. Oh, and bunting and stars... so this sketch was right up my street:


Here is my response to this sketch:


The colours actually came about because of my dress in the photo, not because of Independence Day (being as I'm not an American), but it fits well, I think!


Now onto the juicy stuff: blog hop RAKs.

1.  For one person who leaves a comment on all the blogs in the hop, they will get the Salt Air Collection from Cosmo Cricket.

2.  For one person who does a layout based on the sketch and posts in the HOP ON section, will receive a $20.00 USD Gift Certificate to Scrapbook.com. 



3.  For inviting people to join the group one person will receive a mix of alcohol ink goodies from Ranger.
** Colors may vary

4.  One new member over the weekend will also receive a mix of alcohol ink goodies from Ranger.
** Colors may vary

Thanks for stopping in!

To continue hopping now, get on over to talented new DT member Milagros's blog. Happy weekend everyone!

34 comments:

  1. fabulous background misting.. great bright fun colouring

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow,wow,wow Cheryl.....that dressssssss is tooo cool,sorry not first name your L/O buth the dresss.wow,I love it...You know I love your work it's always pretty!!:)
    Have a very nice hop!!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous layout, love that dress. Those little embellishents, 5 star day and sale ect are great. Off to blog hop now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab take on the sketch Cheryl!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh love your dress!! such a great page too - those colors are great together even if you're not celebrating Independence Day, consider it nautical! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page....love the spraying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cool layout! Love all the bright colors and the misting/masking...cant wait to get to know you better..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheryl, I love everything about your layout! The mask and misting are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now, that is something I have to learn mask and misting! Wonderful!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, second visit today, this time via the blog hop. I love your page so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you used the star as a mask! All these techniques that I never remember to use - I guess that is what the DT is for!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layout! Love the misting and color scheme. Wonderful take on the sketch. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful - I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the white star with the blue spritzing around it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy you're staying on the team! Love, love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cheryl, really love your LO. Love the misting and how you put the string around the page. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the painting and spray.

    ReplyDelete
  18. great twist to the sketch! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous layout, Love your title and the bakers twine, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous page! I like your misting and masking!
    smilesmoore2 atverizon dotnet

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great page - i loves your pages!! Glad you are staying on :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all the little touches!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it! I will have to scraplift this one!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love how you did the stars on this LO!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love it! I love your misting!

    ReplyDelete
  26. thanks everyone for your kind words! x

    ReplyDelete
  27. fabulous masking and misting. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your page!!! love your misting! I'll keep in touch! Hugs!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great take on the sketch! So exciting to see everyone's work from around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great LO! Love the colors--but I really love that dress! I would love to see a closeup picture of it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. so cute, love the vintage feel of your lo!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, I love this! And the misting is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I LOVE this page!!! But I love your dress even more!!!!! I love rockabilly music too! The page is amazing- love what you did with the misting and the banner is adorable. I HAVE to join the hop- those Alcohol inks are calling my name. :)

    ReplyDelete