Sunday 24 July 2011

One Love

Yesterday I had a hair and make up test run for the wedding. I felt pretty special. A tiny part of me felt a bit silly, going to such showy lengths, but mostly I am just so excited now - it's drawing closer, everything seems to be under control, and we are gonna have such a great party!

I know I'll have a thousand photos to scrap after the wedding, but that doesn't mean I'm holding off on wedding layouts until then.

There was a sketch released earlier this month on the Creative Scrappers site - number 164 - that spoke directly to me. It looks like this:


I needed to scrap it. But I needed a good reason to scrap it. It had to be special.


Then the challenge over at Punky Scraps this week was given to us on the DT, and I knew exactly what to do. If you want to join in, you need to use the following ingredients list to create a layout:
  • Photos of items, not people
  • 3 circles
  • Turquoise
  • Stitching
  • Red
  • 2 or more staples
That first one on the list is what sparked off this whole page.


I'd been working on my photography and took a photo of our rings that I was just so happy with, I had to scrap it. I know people shouldn't really be seeing them yet, but I couldn't resist. In trying to keep things fairly simple I didn't used as many layers as I'd have liked, but I did get to use the beloved Heidi Swapp Ghost Alphas again:


Love that red stitching! Thank you, Creative Scrappers, for such a great sketch; and thank you, Punky Scraps, for a great ingredients list.

6 comments:

  1. I love that red stitching too!

    Pictures of the rings is a great idea - and you'll have it for insurance purposes too (I just discovered I've lost a diamond from mine!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the red stitching as well! would love to see pics of your hair and make-up if you took them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see wh the sketch inspired you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely, so many details to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! I have to break out my clear alphas- I have so many but I never know how to use them. The rings look AMAZING!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete