Thursday 3 February 2011

Folds and Feathers

My final assignment for the Mini Book Anonymous DT was to create a mini book on the theme of 'Folds and Feathers'. After 3 months of thinking, thinking, thinking, I finally stumbled across the perfect idea.


An accordion spine book, with...not feathers, but birds. The cards inside each feature a facet of me and fit the mini's title of 'Many a Feather' (like 'many a string to my bow').






I created another video for this mini - and yes, this time I tried to make and talk on film! Check me out! Feedback as always is most welcome. For now, though, I'm going to depart as I've been up ALL NIGHT working and I am a little delirious. I'll just say a big thank you to the MBA team for giving the DT such inspiring challenges and giving me reason to push my boundaries. I would never have done these things without you!

9 comments:

  1. wow,very very pretty!!I love the idea!
    Have a very nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever on so many levels - I love the thought behind it and the way you have created it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow! Your mini books amaze me every time! I really love the multi-colored title too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out lovely. I love all the stamping and the way you get to see so many things. Very interesting. Watched your youtube tutorial that was great as well. Thank you for showing us how to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is awesome!! Love all the birds!! You are so creative!! Great mini!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truely amazing ... so so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl, I hope you don't mind, I've given you a blog award - I know they're not everyones cup of tea (including me), but it's yours if you'd like to collect it ... please don't feel you have too. Sx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute bird book! By the way, thank you for commenting on my blog! My husband and I have been married almost 30 years! We're going for at least 50, but after that, who knows! *wink* Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great mini book, I love how it folds together :)

    ReplyDelete